Mods I did on my 9 year old Fiat Linea with only 45K km on odo
The Wolf remapping is such a blessing in the city and with the larger intercooler I can almost fly from a standstill in 2nd gear.
BHPian keroo1099 recently shared this with other enthusiasts.
I felt it was high time I updated what was going on with my Jet which will be 9 years old in a few months but only made 45k. In short, it drives beautifully with no major hitches except for having to skim my brake rotors from uneven wear.
All my small and big improvements on the car are working well.
- The Wolf remapping is such a blessing in the city, and with the larger Intercooler (no leaks) I can almost take off in 2nd from a standing start. No more slipping or half-clutching in stop-go traffic. My maps have been updated multiple times and I’m locked in map 2 with IOC95 for good.
- My DIY cold air intake didn’t suck in any water during the crazy monsoon we had this year in Bangalore (my K&N air filter stays dry).
- DIY vanity lights are going strong.
- And the fogs from my Sinolyn projector with Osram 4300K HIDs didn’t bother me.
- The DIY G-Max Nano coating on all the windows lasted about a year and I just finished reapplying another coat before the monsoon season.
- The plastic cover under the wipers had started to whiten and bend with the heat (very poor quality) so I ordered and got the parts very quickly through Boodmo. It took me about an hour to replace it.
- I also had a Gyeon coating done by Kirthi Car Care (NKrishnap) at the end of 2018 which is still going strong after 4 years and without any maintenance coat. The only thing I’ve done once in about 6 months is use a clay pad to remove any residue. Dusting uses a Jopasu, and post that if a wipe is needed, I use the two-handed method of a damp towel followed by a dry microfiber towel.
- For fun, I also attempted to DIY my wiper blades by ordering a set of replacement rubbers from Amazon. I had to do a bit of “Juggading” to get it to clip in and stay firmly attached to the wiper arm, but it seems to work fine with no streaks or squeaks.
- I finally took the plunge and ordered an Isudar PX6 Android HU which is plug-and-play. Supposedly has 4GB of RAM (didn’t check) but the interface is fast with no lags or hangs. I wanted to, hoping it would improve the sound quality of the crappy OE CPU, which luckily it did. The only problem I have with this HU is that it only has one RCA output, so you can’t connect it to an external amp and run the onboard DSP. For this, you have to use a hi-lo converter, which I didn’t want to do. The SQ of the new unit is much better than before and the amp section has enough headroom to not clip/distort when I turn up the volume. My Infinity Ref Kappa are finally smiling.
Cheap, but a pain to strap to arms. Will stick with standard blades from now on.
You can see how the wiper blades fit.
When it just arrived after the ceramic coating.
picture taken this morning
Spot the car
The new HU is flush, but the cradle locking mechanism is a little iffy.
The settings that work for me. It doesn’t sound tinny and light, the music has a good weight without dirtying the instruments or the vocals. Since I don’t have a sub, I get almost nothing below 80Hz, but that doesn’t bother me so far.
Courtesy lights work perfectly
As are the mists
Check BHPian Feedback for more ideas and information.